If you are stumbled upon QuickBooks error H505 while switching QuickBooks Desktop to multi-user mode, it is because of the damaged QuickBooks company file folder. The error pops up on the screen with a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” The user gets the error due to damaged company files and inappropriate firewall security settings. Stay connected until the end to learn more facts related to QuickBooks error H505, its causes and solutions.
If you need any guidance to resolve QuickBooks Desktop error H505, then feel free to call us on our toll-free number 1.800.579.9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
The consequences of Error H505 in QuickBooks Desktop
- You won’t be able to use QuickBooks multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks crashes frequently.
- It can also cause damage to the company file or unsaved data.
- Program damaged permanently.
- Sometimes it leads to the error PSXXX, which is really hard to rectify.
What are the main causes behind QuickBooks error H505?
The error comes up due to the following reasons:
- Hosting configuration settings are inappropriate.
- Windows firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped.
Now, choose the most suitable solution to fix the error.
Best Possible Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks error H505
Follow the troubleshooting procedure given below to fix the error:
Solution 1. Update QuickBooks Desktop
Follow these steps to update QuickBooks manually:
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Find QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the icon and choose Run as administrator.
- On the No Company Open screen, move to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Options tab and select Mark All.
- Next, click Save.
- Select Update Now tab and then mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, select Get Updates.
If the error continues, try the next solution.
related article to read: QBDBMGRN not running on this computer
Solution 2. Add QuickBooks to firewall exceptions
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search field and open Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
- Select Port and then select Next.
- Don’t forget to select TCP.
- From the Specific local ports field, enter the specific ports needed for the QuickBooks year version you are using.
- After entering the port number, click Next.
- Mark Allow the connection option and click Next.
- Ensure all the profiles are selected.
- Next, create a new rule and name it “QBPorts(year).”
- Click Finish.
- Now, follow the above steps again and create Outbound Rules.
Solution 3: Manually Fix error H505 by Renaming the .ND and .TLG file
- First-of-all close the QuickBooks and QuickBooks related all process.
- Now, go the QuickBooks company file directory where the company file situated.
- Now lookup for the QBW correspondence file Network data ND and TLG transaction log file.
- Now, Add .OLD after the extension of file.
- Now restart the computer.
- Check whether the error is remove or not.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub Application
Step 1: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
Begin with downloading the QuickBooksToolhub.exe File, from the official source and The double click on the setup file of QuickBooks Tool hub to start the installing process and wait till the end click on finish.
Step 2: Use QuickBooks “File Doctor” Utility
- Start the QuickBooks Tool Hub program by just double clicking on the program.
- Now select, the company file issue Tab.
- At company file issue Tab, Click on QuickBooks File doctor Tool.
- Once the File doctor open completely, Select on To resolve network problem.
- Once it complete go back and check whether you successfully troubleshoot or not.
step 3: perform clean install tool
Before you commence the QuickBooks clean install process using the QuickBooks clean install Tool, Make sure to take a snapshot of your company file. the proceed the QuickBooks clean install Tool.
Solution 5: Restart the Database server manager With Admin Rights
It’s not correct that restarting the database server manager application will help fix it, but sometimes it does work. So without further delay, you restart the Database server manager.
Solution 6: Exempt QuickBooks Service From Firewall rules
- At the start menu, Search for the firewall.
- Now open the Firewall settings.
- There in advanced settings, click on Inbound Rules and uncheck the QuickBooks app.
- Repeat the 3rd step but this time do for the outbound rules.
Hopefully, These five troubleshooting steps help you definitely to eradicate the Quickbooks Desktop Error H505. However, if the error H505 persists in your system or workstation, You should go ahead and ask to your IT or contact our experts.
If the solution given above didn’t work, stop hosting multi-user access on your workstation as the server computer is the one that hosts the company file. If the QuickBooks error H505 persists, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number 1.800.579.9430.
Read to read: QuickBooks Error 6000 83