Key points of Our Discussion
- Many people still think of AR – Augmented Reality as an entertaining tech, whereas it is heavily been used in healthcare, e-commerce, architecture and other professional industries.
- There are various types of Augmented Reality applications. The first one is marker-based apps and the second one is the location-based apps.
- Marker-based apps operate through predefined markers that triggers the display of the augmented reality overlays on the image. However, the location-based applications operate with GPS, accelerometer and compass details to offer AR objects on upper of an actual one.
- To select your AR SDK, the essential criteria to think about are the cost, platforms, image identification, tracking, and unity support, OpenSceneGraph, GPS, etc.
- Our post provides the features of four extensive AR toolkits available.
Augmented Reality (AR) was considered to be used as an entertaining tool but in the new-age digital, we are highly experiencing it into our phones. Let it be the hike that Pokemon Go bring into an average mobile user. We all thought AR was not approachable to every mobile phone owner.
Also, we had a misconception that AR is for entertainment purpose only but it is being heavily used in many industries such as healthcare, ecommerce or retail, architecture and others.
Android Augmented Reality Development:
The power of AR is unlimited and businesses are using this new-tech to give their users an excellent experience. Brands are adding AR to offer product demo, engaging adverts, and offer realistic details for customers. Customers that can touch or engage with a product can purchase it because of the emotional bond created.
Android augmented reality development is on the hike for many developers as according to the statics, the industry of AR and VR will hit the size of approx… $215 billion in the 2021. It is one of the most instant growing industries holding a great potential of attracting Google, Apple, Facebook, Smart-phones, Android and smaller businesses.
TOP AR SDK FEATURES APPS
As a developer or a business, you should know about all the important features that are needed on an SDK to build your AR app and you can have a look at the below-mentioned four famous tools of all time. These four tools are the most relevant and appropriate ones that provide the actual worth to money.
Vuforia is one of the top leading portals used in Android augmented reality application development and holds an extensive set of features.
- Identifies various objectives from larger to smaller ones as well as picture recognition.
- Supports text identification for 100,000 words or a tailor-made vocabulary.
- Let’s you create personalized VuMarks that is better than a traditional QR-Code.
- Permits to build a 3D geometric map of every surrounding using the smart terrain feature.
- It transforms a static image into a full motion graphics video which can be played on any targeted surface.
- Offers a unity plugin.
- Support iOS, Android, Universal Windows Platforms and Unity.
ARTOOLKITs are an open-source tool which helps to develop augmented reality apps. It has a free-library and offers a rich feature for tracking. It has the following features.
- Support Unity3D and OpenSceneGraph.
- Works in single and dual cameras.
- In order to create a location-based AR apps it supports GPS and compasses.
- Let’s the developers produce a realistic AR app even though it’s free.
- It allows integrations with the smart-glasses.
- Supports numerous languages.
- Automatic camera calibration.
- It supports platforms such as Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, Mac OS and smart-glasses.
- Free of cost.
Google AR Core
With two millions of android active users, how google could stay behind and not offer the developers a chance to build high-functional AR apps with its operating system. Google introduced Google ARCore. This operates perfectly with,
Google AR Core offers the following powerful features.
- Motion tracking is one of the best ARCore feature that evaluates the position and oriented of the smart-device through its camera and identify the featuring points within the room. This assist in placing virtual objects in the right way.
- It offers environmental understanding for the users.
- It has a light estimation which lets your application match the lightings of the surroundings and light the same virtual objects so they would look natural.
- It is supporting Android 7.0 and higher models.
- Free of cost.
With the iOS11, Apple has also introduced its ARKIT, it has announced this on the Apple’s Worldwide developers conference in 2017 June.
- It offers Visual Inertial Odemetry, which lets one to track environments appropriately.
- A high-functional face tracking applied on face effects or to develop certain facial expressions in 3D animated characters.
- Tracks the light level appropriately.
- Identifies horizontals surfaces such as the tables and floors in all shapes.
- Recognizes 2D objects and lets developers interact with them.
- Integrates with third-parties such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
- It is compatible with devices from iPhone 6s to onwards and till iPhone X.
- The pricing is free of cost.
The Last Say…
These four powerful tools will help businesses to provide their user’s with a new exceptional quality experience. AR will change the way we see things, let it be for shopping purpose or medical. Many businesses are extensively make use of it. Google and Apple are working to introduce new innovations in the same industry. Brands that want to enhance and modify their user experience should work on latest AR techs.