Turkey is not only famous for its historical destinations; rather, it has something more in the box. With several top-ranked universities, the country is well-known for its quality education. Among these top-notch institutes, Bilkent University offers various subjects to both local and international students. The year 2021 is lucky for all the students since this great institute is offering scholarship opportunities. Did the statement excite you? Great! It would be best if you read this article to the full to know more about this opportunity. Let us begin!
About the University:
Bilkent University stands among the best institutes in the country, attracting numerous hundreds of applications each year. Being the best of its kind, it never disappoints to provide quality education in different fields. The faculty members are highly qualified and are prepared to help students at all fronts. If you want to be a part of this university, get in touch with education consultants in Islamabad today!
Brief description of the scholarship:
Bilkent University is inviting applications for the Bilkent scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level students, after successful evaluation. The scholarship is named as UNAM Bilkent University President Graduate Fellowship. Formerly it was offered under the name of Bilkent UNAM graduate fellowship.
The scholarship is fully funded and is offered by the Ministry of education and the Bilkent university for international students. It covers various subjects, which will be discussed later in this article. Some of the highlighting points of this award are given in the next few lines.
- Awarding Institute: The Bilkent University of Turkey awards the scholarship
- Departments: The scholarship will cover almost all fields and departments
- Course levels: Students from all level (BS, MS, and Ph.D.) can apply for this opportunity
- Award: Bachelors students will get a partial award, while MS and Ph.D. students will get a fully funded scholarship award
- Application mode: Applicants are required to submit their documents and application forms online. No physical mode is entertained.
- Nationality: International students from every country can apply
- The scholarship can only be taken in Turkey
The scholarship comes with numerous advantages (discussed in the later parts); however, they never come easy. Students are required to meet certain eligibility criteria for successfully winning the award. Some general criteria are discussed in the coming lines:
- Students should be international residents (outside Turkey)
- Students who wishes to secure admission in Bachelors must have a 12-year education certificate
- Applicants applying for an MS degree should have a BS degree with at least 70% marks. The age limit for this category is 30 years.
- Applicants who intend to get admission in a Ph.D. degree should have an MS degree with a minimum of 70% marks. The age limit for doctoral students is 35 years.
- Students with research publications and good academic achievements will be given preference.
- Language Requirements: The university accepts numerous English proficiency test results. Some of them are SAT, GRE, IELTS, and TOFEL.
The Bilkent University is known for its variety of degree programs offered at different levels. From Bachelors to doctoral level, there are various disciplines available. The university offers scholarships to international students in the following fields:
1) Undergraduate Programs:
The undergraduate programs have the following departments and disciplines where the awards are offered.
i) Faculty of Arts, Design, and Architecture
- Department of Architecture
- Department of communication and design
- Department of fine arts
- Department of graphic designs
- Department of Urban designs
ii) Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- Department of economics
- Department of international relations
- Department of political science
- Department of public administration
- Department of psychology
iii) Faculty of Engineering
- Department of computer engineering
- Department of electrical engineering
- Department of Industrial engineering
iv) Faculty of Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
2. Graduate Programs (MS and Ph.D.)
The following courses are offered at the MS and Ph.D. levels.
i) Graduate School of Economics and Social Sciences
- Archaeology (MA)
- Business Administration (MBA, Executive MBA, MS, Ph.D.)
- Conference Interpreting (MA)
- Economics (MA, Ph.D.)
- History (MA, Ph.D.)
- International Relations (MA, Ph.D.)
- International affairs and Public Policy ( MIAPP)
- Media and Design (MFA)
- Media and Visual Studies ( MA)
- Music (MA, Ph.D.)
- Philosophy (MA, Ph.D.)
- Political Science (MA. Ph.D.)
- Turkish Literature (MA, Ph.D.)
ii) Graduate School of Education:
- Curriculum and instruction
- Curriculum and instruction with a teaching certificate (MA)
- Teaching English as a foreign language (MA)
If you think you can secure your spot at any of these disciplines, you better hurry! Get in touch with education consultants in Islamabad today and start your process!
The scholarship will cover the following expenses for the successful students:
- Tuition waiver (45,000 TL/year) for doctoral students
- Tuition waiver ( 34,900 TL/year) for Masters students
- Monthly stipend and housing support (4500 TL/year) for Ph.D. students
- Monthly stipend and housing support (3000 TL/year) for Masters students
Secure your spot at your dream place with education consultants!
Admission abroad is the dream of every student. With so many hurdles in the way, the dream remains a dream for many. But not now! Education consultants can help you overcome these hurdles and secure your application process. Get in touch with them today!
Read also : Guide to Organizing a Catered Event to Impress your Audience