The requirements for a Sole representative visa UK must be met to start setting up a branch or subsidiary in the UK.
The sole representative visa allows overseas business employers to send a senior person of their organization to the UK and set up a branch or subsidiary of the parent company.
Requirements to be met by the overseas company
The overseas company must meet the requirements as per below:
- The company must be genuine, actively trading.
- The company must have its main operational activities outside the UK only.
- The company must not have any branch in the UK prior to this
- The company must undertake the same type of the activity in the UK as the parent company
Requirements to be met by the Sole representative
The sole representative must meet the requirements as per below:
- A sole representative must hold a senior position within the parent company.
- He/she must be recruited outside the UK in the parent company
- He/she meets the requirements of English proficiency
- He/she must have enough finances to support oneself and their dependents in the UK
- He/she must be able to make decisions on behalf of the company
- He/she must not be a majority shareholder in the company
Demonstrate a genuine business overseas
To be able to show evidence of a genuine business, the organization must make a note of the following:
A Business plan
Even though a business plan is not a requirement, it only adds credibility to your application as it highlights the intention to expand to the UK
Details of turnover
There is no set requirement to show a minimum turnover, the company must be genuine and trading.
- Details of the company establishment outside the UK
- Even if a company has had a branch in the UK, it must be non-operation, non-trading.
Conditions to stay in the UK
The sole representative visa is granted for 3 years and then can be extended to 2 more years.
Conditions to bring dependents
You can bring your spouse and children to the UK on a sole representative visa. The child must be below 18 years of age.
Requirements for ILR
To qualify for ILR you must have spent 5 years continuously in the UK on a sole rep visa. You need to have passed the Life in the UK test.
You must have a B1 level of English proficiency.
And furthermore, in the last 12 months of your stay, you must not have stayed outside the UK for more than 180 days.
Take legal assistance if you are looking for a sole representative visa application.
A Y & J Solicitors are leading immigration specialists, with their bespoke services and advice you can achieve your visa successfully.