Access your computer by following commands
If you own an Windows 10 PC, you likely will already be using the Alexa application for Windows 10. It can be used by itself or link to connect your Amazon Echo devices to your PC as well.
When you have connected Alexa to your computers at home and devices, you are able to make use of it to activate remote computers, connect with your Alexa-enabled device via you computer. You can utilise Alexa’s Echo for a sound system on your computer. Learn how to start using Alexa on your computer within a matter of minutes.
How do you configure Alexa for your PC?
At present, Alexa for PC is only available for supported Windows 10 desktops and laptops. The program is installed on the device, or available in the initial setup of the device.
To determine whether Alexa has been installed already on the Windows 10 PC, simply search for Alexa into the Windows search box. If it doesn’t appear, don’t despair. Acer, Atus, HP and Lenovo are planning to incorporate Alexa for PC in a range devices running Windows 10 devices.
If you’re running the Alexa application for Windows 10 (or get it in the near future) You must set it up yourself before you can start using it.
- Select Start then select the Alexa application on Windows.
- Choose to Configure Alexa when the setup screen appears.
- Click Continue on the screen with the Terms and Conditions.
- Choose the settings you prefer and then select Finish setup. If you’re not certain which settings you should pick Don’t fret you can modify them at any time.
- Click Sign in to log into the account you have created with Amazon Account, or to create an account. Amazon account in case you don’t have one.
After your initial log-in, Alexa is always available for you to use your computer.
To Configure Alexa on your PC begin with a keyword (“Alexa“, “Computer“, etc.) followed by the command. Or, you can click on the Alexa icon within Windows to start the application.
Certain features for Echo devices aren’t compatible for use with Alexa on PC. For instance, you might be able to view the shopping lists on your computer however, you are unable to edit it there. Instead, you must modify the list via the Alexa application.
Make use of Alexa as the computer’s speaker
If you own the Echo device , and the computer is equipped with Bluetooth it is possible to connect them, and then make use of it as an Alexa devices as speakers to connect to your computer.
Combine an Windows computer with an Echo
- Log into your Alexa account by visiting alexa.amazon.com.
- Choose Settings from the left-hand panel.
- Select the Echo from the available devices.
- Choose Bluetooth.
- Choose “Pair with a brand new devices“; Alexa will search for devices that are available.
Alexa as a computer assistant.
- Search for the word on your PC, which could be located within your start menu.
- Connect to Bluetooth and then go to Bluetooth Settings under System Settings.
- Check that Bluetooth is enabled and your computer is able to be recognised.
- Tap on Add Bluetooth or another device ; select Bluetooth as the Device Type.
- Choose the Echo from the list of devices and then click Done . Your computer has now been in contact with your Echo as the speaker.
Combine with an Echo and a MacBook
- Log in to your Alexa account by visiting alexa.amazon.com.
- Click Settings on the left-hand panel.
- Select Your Echo from the available devices.
- Choose Bluetooth.
- Choose “Pair an additional gadget“; Alexa will search for devices that are available.
- Choose the Bluetooth icon from the bar menu.
- Select Connect and follow onscreen instructions to configure alexa on mac.
- Select from the Apple menu, then select System Preferences and then choose Sound.
- Select Output, then select your Echo from the available devices.
Switch on your computer with Alexa
If you aren’t able to turn off the computer off using an Alexa-enabled device. However, you can get your computer to wake from hibernation or sleep. To achieve this, you’ll be required to enable Wake Up on LAN to enable it, set up your IFTTT recipe and then connect Tasker to IFTTT by SMS and you Android device, or your personal computer.
Allow Wake on LAN
- In the search box at the top and then press Enter.
- Double-click Network adaptors.
- Click twice on the device’s name, then go to the Power Management tab and select all check boxes.
- Select the advanced tab, select the wait for link, select Activate in the menu drop down.
- Click Awakening from the magical pack, then choose it in the drop down menu.
- Select OK.
Make an IFTTT recipe
You’ll need IFTTT for configure Alexa from Amazon Alexa with Android SMS.
- Enter IFTTT.
- Choose “Search,” and then enter ” Alexa pc trigger “
- Choose the applet Alexa Trigger PC On, and then activate it.
- Enter the word you want to use to activate your computer. Enter your phone number, then select Save.
The Connect Tasker as well as IFTTT
Get the Wake on LAN app as well as The Tasker app (currently priced at 2.99) to the Android device.
- Join to your Android mobile to the same wireless network that you are using on your computer.
- Launch your ” Wake on LAN” application. Click the + icon in the lower right-hand corner. Select your computer from the list of devices.
- Start Tasker, then go into the Tasks panel.
Create a new task on Tasker.
- Add an extra task. Then, enter the name of the task.
- Click the + again, and select Plugin . Tap Start up to LAN .
- Tap Edit , then select your device from the list.
- Visit the Profiles panel, click the + button, select the Event .
- Touch Phone and then text received .
- Tap Search just to the left of Sender. Select and locate your personal contact details.
- Return to the Profiles panel, and then select the PC On (or the word WoL) from the drop-down menu.
- Check that your profile is active and close the Tasker.
When you are done You can then say “Configure Alexa to turn on your computer” to bring up your sleeping or hibernating PC.