Everybody needs a fast internet connection as many of our important tasks are accomplished online. A WiFi modem provides you with the ability to access unlimited internet. But the major drawback of a WiFi modem is that it has a limited connectivity range. People generally face slow internet issues when the number of users connected to the WiFi increase. The Netgear WiFi router acts as a booster for your existing internet connection. If you perform Netgear WiFi router setup, you will get the following benefits:
- Higher connectivity range.
- Faster internet speed.
- You can connect more devices without affecting the speed of the internet.
To attain all these benefits, you need to perform Netgear router setup. Now, you may be wondering how to set up a Netgear WiFi router? No worry! Here, in this article, we will provide you step-by-step guidelines to perform Netgear router setup using routerlogin.net.
What are the Steps to Perform Netgear Router Setup Using Routerlogin.net?
Using routerlogin.net to set up your router is called the Manual method. It is also known as the Netgear Installation Assistant method. Follow these steps to perform Netgear router setup using routerlogin.net:
- Unbox the router
Start with unboxing your brand new Netgear WiFi router. Take the user manual, Ethernet cable, antennas, and other accessories out of the box. Be careful while unboxing to avoid any damage to the accessories of your router.
- Set up Hardware
- Now, take the power adapter and connect the Netgear router to it.
- Plug the power adapter into a working wall socket and switch on the Power button.
- Wait until the Power LED on your Netgear router glows green.
- Now, establish a connection between your Netgear router and modem.
- Turn on Your PC
- After connecting your router and modem, turn on your laptop or PC.
- Open a web browser of your choice and go to the address bar.
Note: Update your web browser if it has any pending updates to avoid any inconvenience while performing Netgear router setup.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press Enter.
- The Netgear routerlogin.net page will be displayed.
- Provide the default credentials of the Netgear router in the required fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
- Once you click on the Log In button, you will get redirected to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard will consist of a few instructions.
- Follow the instructions to complete the Netgear router setup process.
While performing Netgear router setup, you might face difficulty in performing Netgear router login and come across other setup issues due to the following reasons:
- Hardware configuration issue.
- You might have entered the incorrect web address.
- Poor internet connection.
- You might have an outdated version of your browser.
- Incorrect default login credentials.
To troubleshoot the issues discussed above, follow these points:
- Always make correct cable connections. There should be no cuts on the Ethernet cable as it may affect the router’s performance.
- Always enter the default web address of your Netgear router in the address bar of your web browser.
- Never use an outdated version of your web browser. Make sure to clear the history, cache, and cookies from your browser to make setup process hassle-free.
- Always perform Netgear router setup after the stability of LED light on your router.
- Plug the power adapter of your router into a working wall socket only.
- Always fill in the default username ad password of your Netgear router.
- Reboot your router if you face the same issue repeatedly.
How to Log in to Netgear Nighthawk Router Using Netgear Nighthawk App?
If you fail to login to the router using the web address, then you can also login with the help of the Netgear Nighthawk app. To perform WiFi router setup using the Netgear Nighthawk app, follow these steps:
- Unbox your router and make the required connections.
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to the power adapter.
- Plug it into a wall socket and turn on the Power button.
- Allow the LED lights on your Netgear WiFi router to glow green.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone.
- Open Google Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS).
- Go to the search section and type Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Download and install the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- Create your Netgear account.
- The Netgear Nighthawk login screen will appear.
- Fill in the default username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Tap on the Log In button.
- You will be redirected to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
Sometimes, you might face issues while trying to access the login page of your router. This may be due to the following reasons:
- Loose cable connections
- You might have entered the wrong web address of your Netgear WiFi router.
- You might have a poor internet connection.
- LED lights of your Netgear Nighthawk router are not stable.
- The wall plug used to turn on your router may be damaged.
- You might be using an outdated browser.
- Presence of WiFi interference devices like mirrors, fish tanks, bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, etc. near the router.
- Use of wrong credentials.
You can overcome the above-mentioned obstacles by using the following points:
- Always enter the correct web address of your Netgear WiFi router.
- Make the cable connections tight.
- Always choose a working wall socket to plug your router.
- Try to log in only after making sure that the power LED on your router is green.
- Keep your WiFi router away from devices like bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, mirrors, fish tanks, etc.
- Always use the updated version of your web browser (if you are logging in via web address) and the updated version of the Netgear Nighthawk app (if you are performing login via the Nighthawk app).
- Use the default credentials of your router to perform the login process.
With the above-discussed guidelines, you can easily perform Netgear router setup and also troubleshoot the issues. If you found this article helpful in setting up a router, leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.