World-renowned business software ‘QuickBooks’ enjoys a widespread user base, thanks to its features comprising-POS for merchandises, direct-deposit & paycheck creation in payroll services, and so on. The user interface is smooth and easy to work with, and it also offers excellent reliability and data security. Although there are a ton of merits of QuickBooks, yet it sometimes responds erroneously. “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working” error triggers whenever the user attempts opening the company files in multi-user. One of the leading causes is that the firewall program installed on the user’s machine interferes with access to the company file. Moreover, there are many other reasons for it to pop up, which are described in the further sections of the blog. Also mentioned along are the measures to prevent the above error.
On the contrary, the “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working” error appears very often, and it could be fixed if appropriate action Is taken. Meanwhile, if you have any troubles, you may call on the toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 to sought better tech assistance.
Reasons behind the “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working” Error
- A user cannot access company files stored on a host PC due to a firewall software denying access to the files.
- The QuickBooks desktop product user possesses is not updated to its newest version.
- The folder in which all the company files are hosted on a server machine requires elevated permissions for access over the network.
- The QuickBooks Server Manager utility in QuickBooks is being interrupted by other processes running on the server PC.
- The company files folder which a user is trying to access has a missing network data (.ND) file.
- More than one machine acting as host for the company files instead of one.
You may also read QuickBooks error 6123
Preventive Measures to Fix Multi-User Error in QuickBooks
Here in this section, we have explained about fixing the error multi-user mode swiftly, So follow the mentioned solutions in order to mend the error right away.
Solution-1: Configure firewall by adding QuickBooks Programs to the list of excluded programs
- Close ‘QuickBooks’.
- Click on ‘Start Menu’.
- Type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search field.
- Right-click on Windows Firewall and select ‘Open’.
- The Windows Firewall window appears shortly on the user’s screen.
- Choose ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Navigate to ‘Inbound Rules’, right-click on it and select ‘Inbound Rules’.
- Click ‘New Rule’.
- Choose ‘Program’.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Now, click on ‘This Program Path’.
- Select the ‘Browse’ button to look for the path where the QuickBooks programs are located.
- Once you navigate to the QuickBooks program installation folder, choose the desired file with a ‘.exe’ file extension.
- Choose ‘Allow the Connection’.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Confirm to tick-mark each profile.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Make a new rule by renaming it to the desired one of your choice. An example is- ‘QuickBooksProgramExclusion(NameHere.exe)’.
If none of the above works, try running QuickBooks File Doctor within the Tool Hub utility to resolve the error.
Solution-2: Update The QuickBooks database server manager
- You need to download the update patch from the below stated link.
- Patch file will be same workstation as well server.
- Now Install the Update for all workstation and for the server.
- Once you update the server manager you will get the message. The company file needs to be updated to work with the update version.
- Now, Try to switch into multi-user, If its allow then you successfully troubleshoot the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working.
We can assume that this solution will help you to remove the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error, However, if solution 2 does not works for you then place a call at our Helpline number.
Solution 3: Utilize the File doctor to diagnose the Network and company file.
- First-of-all You need to download the QuickBooks tool hub from the official website.
- Then Install the downloaded file by choosing the appropriate steps.
- Now, Start the Tool hub and go to the company file issue tab and afterwards select the file doctor.
- Then Select the Network and Company file Diagnose option.
- Diagnose process might takes around 15 to 20 minutes.
- At the End, Try again switch into multi-user mode, if it still kick you out from the multi-user mode then you need to contact
Solution 4: Manually Fix using renaming the QBW.TLG and QBW.ND
- You need to open the directory where your company file located.
- In company file directory you will find QBW.TLG and QBW.ND.
- Now, Add .OLD extension for QBW correspondence file .ND and .TLG.
- Once the File renamed, Close the all process related to QuickBooks.
- Now once again go back and check is your QuickBooks letting you to use multi-user mode or not.
We have arrived at the end of the blog about the error “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working” error. We hope that the post will help our users in guiding them through the error code promptly. If you have a query or need help implementing advanced troubleshooting, call the helpdesk number +1-855-856-0042 now.
Read more: QuickBooks error H202