Like other software, Quickbooks can also become vulnerable to technical glitches. But, do not panic, you can fix most of the errors on your own. In this article, we are going to talk about a very common error: Quickbooks error 6189 816. It is one of the common errors that you can face and it belongs to the error series 6000. The error is usually because of issues with the company file and also, you need to fix the error to keep using the Quickbooks application. In case you also come across the Quickbooks error 6189 816, this article will surely help you to resolve the error on your own. Read the article to know how you can get rid of the error.
Causes of Quickbooks error
Now, before we explain to you how you can resolve the Quickbooks error, here are some reasons for which you can face the error. Read the list of all the possible causes of the Quickbooks error below.
- First, there are chances that the transaction log file is missing from the system.
- If the Quickbooks company file is corrupted or damaged
- In case you do not have enough permissions to use the Quickbooks database server
- Other than this, you may be using an old version of Quickbooks to open the company file. So, you may have to update the Quickbooks application.
Solutions to fix Quickbooks error code 816
So, here are all the methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error. All the methods are mentioned in detail for your convenience.
Solution 1: Use the Quickbooks refresher tool
Now, the very first method that we suggest you do is to download and use the Quickbooks refresher tool on the system. It will help you to terminate all the background processes because of which you may be facing errors. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- Initially, you will have to look for the download button for the QBrefresher tool. You will then have to follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- You may save the file on the location where you can easily access it.
- After this, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on your system and close all the processes that you are running.
- When done, you will have to start the QBrefresher.exe file on the system. Double click on the file to run it.
- Now, you will have to complete the process by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Wait for the process to complete. When the process will complete, you will have to run the Quickbooks application again.
Solution 2: Solve the issue with the help of the file doctor tool
If you want to fix the company file issues, you can use the tool launched by Quickbooks called the Quickbooks file doctor tool. The tool can be downloaded individually or you can use it with the help of the Quickbooks tool hub. It will scan the required file and identify the issues. It will then fix all the issues that you are facing with the device.
Solution 3: Copy the files to the local hard drive
You may face the Quickbooks error if you have stored the company file on a removable device or the network. So, you will have to move the company file to the local hard drive and then use it.
Here are some important points that you need to keep in mind:
- You will have to make sure that you have stored the company file on the hard drive of the server system. If you won’t, it can lead to issues.
- Next, you need to make sure that you do not store the company file on the external drive or removable drive.
- Other than this, you must avoid encrypting the required company file. It can lead to issues in using the multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Run Quick fix my program feature
The next solution that we can recommend you is to run the Quick fix my program feature with the help of the Quickbooks tool hub. It will help you to fix the issues automatically. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you need to close the Quickbooks application on your system if opened.
- After that, you need to visit the official Intuit website and then look for the Quickbooks tool hub. Download it on your system.
- After this, you will have to save the downloaded file to an accessible location.
- When done, you need to open the Quickbookstoolhub.exe file and agree to all the terms and conditions.
- After installing the application, you need to run it on your system.
- In the tool window, you will have to click on the program problems option and then click on the quick fix my problem option.
- When the process will complete, you will have to open the Quickbooks application again.
Solution 5: Start Quickbooks database server manager
You may face the Quickbooks error because of the insufficient permissions for the file. So, you can run the Quickbooks database manager server to make sure that it is running fine. Go through all the steps mentioned below properly.
- To start with, you will have to open the Quickbooks too, hub, and then click on the network issues option.
- When done, you need to click on the Quickbooks database server manager. In case the server manager is not installed on the system, you will have to install it again.
- After this, you will have to click on the start scan option if the company file is present. Otherwise, you need to click on the Browse option and then redirect the tool to the folder in which you have stored the company file.
- Select the company file and then click on the start option.
- If there is any issue with the firewall settings, it will be fixed automatically. Wait for the process to complete.
- When the process will complete, you will have to try to open the Quickbooks application again.
This is it. These were all the methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error code 6189 816. We hope that the article was helpful.