Huma Qureshi is a talented actress known for her outstanding performances in Bollywood movies. With her striking looks and incredible acting skills, she has become a force to be reckoned with in the Indian film industry. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Huma Qureshi’s life, including her early beginnings, career, and personal life.
Early Life and Education
Huma Qureshi was born on July 28, 1986, in New Delhi, India, to a Muslim family. She grew up in Kalkaji, South Delhi, and completed her schooling at a local school in the area. After completing her schooling, Huma pursued a Bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Delhi. She then went on to study Acting at the National School of Drama in New Delhi.
After completing her studies at the National School of Drama, Huma moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting. She started out by doing theater and commercials before landing her breakthrough role in Anurag Kashyap’s “Gangs of Wasseypur” in 2012. Her performance in the movie was widely appreciated and earned her critical acclaim.
Rise to Fame
After “Gangs of Wasseypur“, Huma went on to act in several other movies, including “Dedh Ishqiya“, “Jolly LLB 2“, and “Kaala“. Her performances in these movies were also well-received by critics and audiences alike. In 2013, she won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for her performance in “Dedh Ishqiya“.
In addition to her work in Indian cinema, Huma has also acted in international movies. In 2021, she starred in the Netflix movie “Army of the Dead” directed by Zack Snyder.
Huma Qureshi is currently unmarried and has not been linked to anyone romantically in recent years. She is known for her philanthropic work and has been associated with the Save the Children foundation, which works towards improving the lives of underprivileged children in India.
In her free time, Huma enjoys reading and traveling. She is also a trained classical singer and has performed at various cultural events in the past.
Huma Qureshi’s Height, Weight, Net Worth, and Other Statistics
Huma Qureshi is 5’7″ tall and weighs around 70 kg. She is 36 years old as of 2022. Her net worth is estimated to be around $3 million, with most of her income coming from her acting career.
Other interesting facts about Huma Qureshi include that she is a foodie and loves to cook. She is also an animal lover and has a pet dog named Dexter.
Huma Qureshi is an actress who has made a mark in Bollywood with her versatile acting skills and stunning performances. From her early beginnings in the theater to her rise to fame in Indian cinema and beyond, she has proven herself to be a force to be reckoned with in the industry. With her dedication to her craft and passion for philanthropy, Huma Qureshi is a true inspiration to many.
Some more interesting facts about Huma Qureshi:
Sure, here are some additional interesting facts about Huma Qureshi:
- Huma was initially interested in a career in law and even pursued a degree in the subject before she found her passion for acting.
- She has been a vocal advocate for body positivity and has often spoken out against the unrealistic beauty standards in the film industry.
- Huma is also involved in philanthropy and has been associated with various charitable causes such as supporting underprivileged children’s education and cancer patients.
- She made her international debut with the film “Viceroy’s House” in 2017, which was directed by Gurinder Chadha.
- Huma is a trained classical dancer and has studied the Bharatanatyam dance form for eight years.
- In 2018, she was honored with the Outstanding Young Person of the World award by the Junior Chamber International India for her contribution to the field of arts.
- Huma is an avid reader and has a personal library of over 2000 books.
- She is also a food enthusiast and has shared her love for cooking on social media platforms, especially during the lockdown period.
- Huma has been featured in various magazines, including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Filmfare.
- She has also been recognized with several awards for her performances, including the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Female for her role in “Gangs of Wasseypur” and the Stardust Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for “Dedh Ishqiya“.
Best Movies of Huma Qureshi
Here are some of Huma Qureshi’s best movies with their stories:
- Gangs of Wasseypur (2012): Huma Qureshi made her Bollywood debut with this critically acclaimed crime drama directed by Anurag Kashyap. She played the role of Mohsina, the love interest of the film’s protagonist played by Nawazuddin Siddiqui. The movie revolves around the coal mafia in the town of Wasseypur and spans several decades, chronicling the violent rivalry between two families.
- Dedh Ishqiya (2014): This black comedy thriller was directed by Abhishek Chaubey and featured Huma Qureshi alongside Madhuri Dixit, Naseeruddin Shah, and Arshad Warsi. Huma played the role of Muniya, a small-town girl who is caught up in a web of deceit and betrayal as she falls in love with the charming yet mysterious Khalujaan (Naseeruddin Shah).
- Badlapur (2015): Huma Qureshi had a supporting role in this revenge drama directed by Sriram Raghavan. The movie starred Varun Dhawan in the lead role, and Huma played the role of Jhimli, a prostitute who befriends the protagonist. The story follows the journey of a man seeking revenge for the death of his wife and son.
- Jolly LLB 2 (2017): Huma Qureshi played the female lead in this courtroom drama directed by Subhash Kapoor. She starred alongside Akshay Kumar, who played the role of a small-time lawyer fighting against a corrupt and powerful system. Huma played the role of Pushpa Pandey, a social worker who helps the protagonist in his fight for justice.
- Partition: 1947 (2017): This historical drama directed by Gurinder Chadha portrayed the events leading up to the partition of India in 1947. Huma Qureshi played the role of Aalia, a Muslim girl who falls in love with a Hindu man amidst the chaos of partition. The film also starred Hugh Bonneville, Gillian Anderson, and Manish Dayal.
- Leila (2019): Huma Qureshi made her digital debut with this Netflix series, which was based on the dystopian novel by Prayaag Akbar. She played the role of Shalini, a mother who is separated from her daughter in a totalitarian society. The series explores themes of power, religion, and social hierarchy in a futuristic world.
These are some of the best movies of Huma Qureshi, and each of them showcases her versatility as an actor. From crime dramas to historical epics and even dystopian series, she has proven her ability to portray a wide range of characters with depth and nuance.
FAQ About Huma Qureshi
When was Huma Qureshi born?
Huma Qureshi was born on July 28, 1986.
What is Huma Qureshi’s height and weight?
Huma Qureshi is 5 feet 7 inches tall (170 cm) and weighs around 62 kg (136 lbs).
What is Huma Qureshi’s net worth?
Huma Qureshi’s net worth is estimated to be around $3 million.
Which are the best movies of Huma Qureshi?
Some of the best movies of Huma Qureshi are Gangs of Wasseypur, Dedh Ishqiya, Badlapur, Jolly LLB 2, and Kaala.
Is Huma Qureshi married?
No, Huma Qureshi is not married.
Does Huma Qureshi have any siblings?
Yes, Huma Qureshi has two younger brothers named Saqib Saleem and Naeem Qureshi.
What are some interesting facts about Huma Qureshi?
Some interesting facts about Huma Qureshi are that she initially wanted to become a historian, she is a trained classical dancer, she was a part of Anurag Kashyap’s theater group before entering the film industry, and she is an ambassador for Smile Foundation and Women’s Cancer Initiative.
- Karan Aujla: The Rising Star of the Punjabi Music Industry
- Khan Bhaini – The Rising Star of the Punjabi Music Industry
- Harrdy Sandhu: A Talented Punjabi Singer, Actor, and Philanthropist
- Sargun Mehta Biography, Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Net Worth, and More
- Roopi Gill: The Punjabi Model Making Waves in the Industry