How to fix iTunes error 3600?
What to do when “iPhone 8 Plus has ITunes Error 3600 upon restoration. And you don’t know what to know and how to fix it. You may ask someone as Help please! My screen is stuck on”Connect to iTunes I don’t know what to do “.
It is really so annoying to encounter iTunes Error 3600 (iPhone Error 3600) or any other iTunes error code every time you try to restore or update your iPhone.
What makes this worse is that you end up with a brick phone or severe data loss if you’re not familiar with its troubleshooting measures.
You will learn how to deal with and fix this iTunes error 3600 (iPhone error 3600) in this article of 2021 in easy and fun methods.
Part 1. What is iTunes Error 3600?
iTunes has many possible problems that might arise during the update or restore process. Just like other error codes, there could be various reasons why iTunes error 3600 occurs.
ITunes error 3600 is an error that occurs whenever you upgrade to a new version of iOS software or restore your iPhone from iTunes backup. It is normally caused by network settings such as your computer has administrator access. You must be logged in as an administrator before you can complete the restore or update process.
If you are logged in as a guest or as another user, you must log in as an administrator before you can continue to restore iPhone to MAC. Other causes could be firewalls, proxies, antivirus software, and other network titles.
If this error 3600 occurs during the recovery process while using a work computer, try doing the same process using your own computer or another computer.
Error 3600 iTunes is easy to fix if you follow the troubleshooting guides. Several iTunes error codes are generally caused by one of the following:
- IOS update
- Jailbreak iOS device
- Restore from iCloud or iTunes
- Update or restore interrupted
Part 2. How to Quickly Fix iTunes Error 3600 (iPhone Error 3600)?
If you have an iPhone 3600 problem (iTunes error 3600), you can download iOS System Recovery for free, which allows you to troubleshoot iOS problems with many common programs such as Error 3600. It is a 30 day free trial.
One of the most effective system recovery programs is FoneDog Toolkit – iOS System Recovery .
This professional program aims to repair all kinds of iTunes error codes, freezing or crashing devices, looping at startup, stuck Apple Logo and more.
FoneDog Toolkit- iOS System Recovery provides recovery without causing any data loss which is why it is trusted by millions of iOS users around the world.
It is compatible with all iOS devices including the latest iPhone 8 / 8plus / X. To use this program you can refer to the guides below:
Step 1. Install FoneDog Toolkit – iOS Recovery on your computer
- First, you need to download FoneDog Toolkit – iOS System Recovery and install it on your computer.
- Follow the installation procedures and when finished, launch it and go to More tools and click on iOS System Recovery .
- Click on the desired system problems in the screen options provided.
Step 2. Connect iPhone
After launching the program, connect the iPhone to the computer using an original USB cable and wait until the FoneDog Toolkit recognizes the device. Click Start to continue.
Note: During this stage, you need to remember the following:
- If the iPhone has been jailbroken, it will be returned to the non-jailbreak state
- If the iPhone has been unlocked, it will be locked
- Your iPhone will be updated to its latest iOS version
Step 3. Download the firmware package
The next part will be to download and extract the correct firmware package on the iPhone device where you need to enter the correct brand and model number. You can refer to the back of the iPhone for details.
Make sure you provide the correct information, otherwise it could permanently damage your device. If you are unsure, you can go online and check Apple’s website for complete and correct details. Click Repair to continue.
Step 4. Repaired, downloaded and fixed the iTunes error 3600
The repair status will take some time but you can view the notification via the progress bar. iOS System Recovery will download and extract the firmware and then repair any errors found.
At this point, you need to make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and at this point, avoid breaking the connection between iPhone and computer.
After a while, you will see a notification indicating that your iPhone is fixed and returning to its normal state. It will restart as usual and everything will be fine.
No data was removed during the repair process. You will now have the latest iOS version running on your iPhone device with all data intact. If your device does not restart, you may need to restart the process.
If the iPhone does not boot completely, there may be a potential hardware problem that you can report to Apple’s customer support.
Part 3. What to do when stuck with the “Connect to iTunes” screen？
The most annoying part when these types of problems occur is not being able to use the phone. It totally leaves you with a useless device until it is fixed. Therefore, your personal and work life will be greatly affected.
Before you panic, first prepare yourself with basic troubleshooting whenever you are faced with iTunes error . The most common thing you will experience is getting stuck on the ‘ Connect to iTunes ‘ screen.
Here’s what you can do in case you might encounter this:
- Restart the iPhone by holding the Sleep / Wake and Volume Down buttons for about ten seconds or until the Apple logo appears. For iPhone 6 and earlier: Use the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons.
- If after rebooting you are still stuck on the ‘ Connect to iTunes ‘ screen then you need to reinstall iOS.
- Launch iTunes on your computer. Make sure you are using the latest version or you can update iTunes first.
- Connect iPhone 8 plus / 8/7/6 to computer using original USB cable. Upon connection, a pop-up will appear: “There is a problem with the iPhone [device name] that requires an update or reset.”
- Click Update to reinstall iOS only and protect your data.
Part 4. How to Fix iPhone Error 3600? (Options 3)
If after updating iTunes to the latest software version but error 3600 still appears, you can do the following:
Option 1. Update your computer’s operating system
For Windows Update
The best way to update your Windows computer is to turn on automatic updates.
- Swipe the screen from the right corner or point your mouse to the bottom right of the screen and move the pointer up.
- Click on Settings
- Go to Change PC Settings
- Click Update and Repair
- Click on Windows Update. For manual update, click Check Now.
- Click Choose how to install updates and go to Important Updates
- Click Install Updates Automatically (Recommended)
- Click Give me recommended updates the same way I get important updates under Recommended updates
- You choose to give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows in Microsoft Update
- Click Apply
- Click Start or the Microsoft Windows icon
- Click Settings, then click Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update. For manual update, click Check for Updates.
- Select Advanced options and click Choose how updates are installed
- Click Automatic (recommended)
For updating on Mac OS
- Go to the App Store on your Mac to check for software updates
- Click Updates from the toolbar
- Click the Update button when it is available and continue to download and install them
Option 2. Good restart on computer and iPhone
Restart both your iPhone and computer to update the systems. Once started, retry the restore process on iTunes.
Option 3. Check your computer settings and security software
If in case you are unable to open iTunes due to iTunes error 3600 , then try to fix the third party security software installed on your computer.
- Verify that the date, time, and time zone of your computer are set correctly
- Log in as an administrator, not as a user or guest
- Make sure you have only one security software running on your computer to avoid conflicts like iTunes error 3600 (iPhone error 3600)
- Meanwhile, temporarily disable the firewall to continue the recovery process. You may need to temporarily remove other security software.
FoneDog Toolkit – iOS System Recovery makes your mobile experience complete. It is a great partner for all kinds of complicated situations and issues like iPhone Error 3600 (iTunes Error 3600).