You can do so by getting the Netgear Installation Assistant for the Netgear wifi range extender setup. Going by the steps given below, you should be able to set up a Netgear extender via the installation assistant.
Step 1. Connect the router you have at home to the Extender.
Step 2. From a device of your choice, launch a web browser.
Step 3. Visit the webpage ‘www.mywifiext.net.’ You will see the Netgear Installation Assistant shortly.
Step 4. Once you see the prompts directing to connect your Extender to your existing wifi network Netgear_ext SSID, follow them.
Step 5. Now unplug the Extender. Try moving it to a new location. It should be somewhat halfway between your router and the area with a poor wifi signal.
Step 6. Find an electrical outlet. Plug the Extender into it.
Step 7. Look for the router LED to turn amber or green. If that does not happen, plug the Extender into an outlet closer. Try again.
Step 8. At this step, have your computer or device reconnect to the new extender wifi network.
Step 9. Try to move the new extender wifi range. This will help you to test its efficiency and efficacy. For this, move your computer or mobile or any other device which you are using to an area where you find a poor wifi signal.
Step 10. In the last step, plug the Extender into an electrical outlet. After this, wait for some time to let the power LED light turn green.
Accessing Extender Settings
By this point, you must have completed the Netgear range extender setup. You are now ready to log in to the Extender to either view or change the settings as per your requirements.
1. From your computer or device, launch a web browser. After getting connected to the Extender, the Device Link LED lights shall appear.
2. Now, log in to your Extender
Things to Note
If you find that Extender and router use different wifi network names, i.e., SSIDs, please visit www.mywifiext.net.
If you find that the Extender and router use the same network name, i.e., SSID, please enter HTTP://< Extender’s IP address>.
Do you have a wall-plug extender?
You may have a Netgear extender that has a wall-plug in design. The following section will help you to understand how to set it up in an easy way. With the instructions for Netgear Extender Setup given below, you can get started right away.
1. Firstly, unpack your brand new Extender.
2. Secondly, plug it into the nearest wall socket. The LED light you will see will signify the Extenders on status.
3. Thirdly, connect it with the WPS or wifi-protected setup. For this, you will need to press the WPS button on your router and Extender gently.
4. If you want to use the web browser setup, you will need to have a PC or laptop. But along with that, you will need to have a web browser that you can always rely on.
5. At the fifth step, access the web browser set up. Go to mywifiext.net. Web interface. Do not hesitate to get help from the experts if you cannot connect to the web URL.
6. This step would require you to enter the username and password. When you are done, click on the login.
7. With this, the new Extender should get displayed.
8. Moving forward, select the mode which you would want for your Netgear setup.
9. In the following order of things, choose a wifi network to extend. Once you are done, click on Next.
10. If your router has dual-band functionality, repeat the same steps.
11. Finally, you will begin to see the extended network name Netgear_ext (SSID) in the network list on your device.
Now that is the way to set up Netgear Extender if you have a plug-in wall design. Directly all that remains to be done is connecting to this network. Now you will be able to enjoy enhanced connectivity at home or office alike.
Once you have completed the entire Netgear wifi extender setup, you will get the extended SSID, i.e., Netgear_EXT. If you wish to reconnect your wifi range extender with the help of the available wifi, the following steps will be helpful.
Step 1. Reset the range extender.
Step 2. The next step would be to connect to the Extender’s default wifi network, NETGEAR_EXT SSID.
Step 3. At this stage, now launch any web browser from your computer, laptop, or any other device which you would be using.
Step 4. Go to the search bar—Type http://mywifiext.net into your web browser. Press enter or click search to move forward in the following order of things.
Step 5. You will now find the login page. Enter your username or password. After that, following the prompts will help you to reconnect your Extender to your home network.
Note: It could be possible that your router uses WEP security. If so, enter its network name Netgear_ext (SSID) and password when asked for. Now you can reconnect all your wifi devices to the Extender.
Click here to know more information