QuickBooks Database Server Manager not running error is the most common error that appears on the screen while using QuickBooks desktop application on Windows. The error might pop up with a message, “QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped.” The QuickBooks users may end up with the ‘QuickBooks 2018 qbdbmgrn not running’ error when the QuickBooks services are not running on the server computer. The error indicates that the firewall is blocking QuickBooks’ connection to the server. To more about the QuickBooks qbdbmgrn not running issue, read the article until the end.
If you need any technical assistance to overcome Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error, then contact the certified QuickBooks experts team by dialing our toll-free number (844)-932-1139.
You may Like to Read: XERO VS QuickBooks
What are the reasons behind the ‘QuickBooks qbdbmgrn not running’ error?
Following are the reasons behind QuickBooks Database Server Manager not running error:
- Corrupt installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is outdated.
- The system’s firewall is blocking access to the internet.
- QuickBooks is unable to switch to multi-user mode.
As of now, you are aware of the factors leading to QuickBooks 2018 qbdbmgrn not running error. Let’s proceed to the troubleshooting in order to fix the issue.
Quick Fixes for Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error
Given below are the most effective troubleshooting solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped error:
Solution 1. Start QuickBooks services again on the server computer
As you know, the error occurs when the QuickBooks services are not running on the server computer, restarting the services can help fix the issue. Here’re the steps:
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Within the window, type ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
- From the list of services, search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager and choose the version you are using.
- Next, right-click on it and select the Restart option.
- Open QuickBooks again.
If you still get QuickBooks Database Server Manager not running error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Try to repair QuickBooks desktop
Repairing the QuickBooks desktop application can fix the damage. Following are the steps to do it:
- Tap Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Write ‘appwiz.cpl’ within the Run window and press Enter.
- From the list of installed applications, select QuickBooks and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Select Continue and then Next.
- Go to the Repair menu, choose your QuickBooks version and click Next.
- After the repair completes, click Finish.
If the qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error still appears, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Update Windows Firewall
The latest firewall update will have new security updates and not interrupt QuickBooks from accessing the file:
- Again, open the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys.
- Type ‘Control-Panel‘ and open it.
- Choose System and Security and then click Windows Firewall.
- Next, click on Check for updates option.
- Click on Update Now if Windows find the updates.
- Also, click on the Use Recommended settings button and wait till the update installs.
- Reboot the system and open QuickBooks.
If you still get the same error message, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4. Remove QuickBooks from the firewall settings
- Open the Run command again and type ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Click OK.
- Move to the list of programs and choose Advanced settings.
- After that, select Inbound Rules and then New Rule from the drop-down list.
- Click Next and then the Program path option.
- Remove QBDBMgrn.exe and then mark the Allow the connection option.
- Click Next and then Finish.
Solutions 5: Use Ping Command
This Solutions will help you to identify whether the problem is in network or not, below we have enlisted steps to perform ping command.
- In the workstation computer, Press Windows + R button and then enter CMD and HIT enter.
- Now Type PING and [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] IP of the server.
- Wait till the Ping process ends.
- In the end of result you will understand is your workstation have network issue while connecting with server or not.
Still need additional assistance.?
Hopefully, you have comprehended the solutions’ Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error and troubleshoot thoroughly. However, if any doubt comes to your mind or the answers you try didn’t work for your QuickBooks, well those circumstances, Placing a call to the qualified QuickBooks Expert through the helpline number 855-526-5749 to avail the instant resolutions upon your concern related to QuickBooks.
Related Search Terms: QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server 2012, QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server 2016, QBDBMgrN not running on this computer 2018, QBDBMgrN keeps stopping, QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped, QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server 2008, QuickBooks database server manager is not available, QuickBooks database server manager will not start, QuickBooks database server manager unable to retrieve connected files, QuickBooks database server manager windows firewall is blocking, QuickBooks database server manager hosting mode is off, QuickBooks database server manager is not available, QuickBooks database server manager failed to start, QuickBooks database server manager is not running on the server, QuickBooks not running 2019 ,QuickBooks database server manager not opening, QuickBooks database server manager won't start