All set to download, set up, or update QuickBooks database server manager? But Hold on! Do you know what things are required to download, set up, and update it? Well, then no need to panic, we have got you covered. The database server manager is also known as the Intuit personal Database Manager tool. This amazing tool helps in creating a network data file for each and every company file on the host system.
Focusing on the importance of this effective tool, we have written this blog, where we are going to discuss the entire set of steps that you need to follow, to simply set up, download, and update the database server manager. Just read the blog carefully, so that you can successfully perform the entire process.
What is QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an amazing tool by Intuit. This tool performs to arrange the QB server folder for several users. But without QBDSM it is not possible for you to access the multi-user mode. The absence of this particular database server will limit the software use, and also it will affect the performance. This tool is liable to share company files with another system over the network.
Facts About QuickBooks Database Server Manager
There are some facts related to Quickbooks database server manager, it includes.
- The Quickbooks database server manager creates.nd files that are basically known as a network data file on the system.
- In the case of multiple versions of QB desktop, a database server manager is compulsory. If you want to use the multiple version of QB, then you are recommended to install the QB database and server manager.
- The QBDBSM has a multi-user mode setup. It will offer you multiple versions of processes, but it can not provide multiple versions of the software.
- Various QB versions add a user during the installation of the database manager.
- Well, if you are using the multi-version of QB desktop, then install each version of the database server manager.
The Process to Download QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Once you have decided to download the QB database server manager, it becomes important for you to know the exact procedure that you are supposed to follow, in order to avoid any kind of problem. The database server manager can be downloaded without any issue, as it doesn’t involve a huge process.
Alternative Method AB
If you are looking for easy steps for downloading the QB database, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Start with downloading the QB tool hub from the official website, and then move to the downloads by clicking on the Ctrl+J key together.
- Now click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Hit on Yes in order to allow the app to make changes.
- Now move further, by clicking on the Next and install options respectively. This process might take a few minutes.
- Hit on the finish option once the installation is complete.
- Now open the Quickbooks tool hub icon.
- Under the network issue tab, hit on the QB database server manager option.
Once the process is completed, give all the users permission to access the company folder.
Although, by default, the QBDBSM will automatically create a unique user for each installation.
Steps to Set Up QuickBooks Database Server Manager
After downloading the QBDBSM, it is time to set up a process to be performed. The steps are mentioned below.
- To install Quickbooks Database Server Manager, the first step is to double click on the installer and start with the installation of the Wizard.
- If your computer has a good internet connection then to download to update click on Next. if your computer is not connected to the internet, then you need to click on No and then on Next.
- Now you have to close All programs that are opened and tab on the Next.
- Carefully read all the terms of the license agreement, and if you agree with the terms and conditions, then click on Next.
- Once you are done with the user, you need to opt for Custom or Network Options.
- Now hit on the installation type,
- Choose ‘I’ll be using QB on this computer and I’ll be storing’… when you want to run the program in your system.
- Or select “I will not be using QB on this computer”… when only data is stored on this computer.
- In the next step, just click on Yes and allow access.
- Enter your License number and Product number.
- Follow the instructions carefully for the complete installation process.
- Your installation process is done, but make sure you carry out the relevant steps to set up the QBDBSM.
We hope that the article helped you to understand QuickBooks Database Manager with the proper installation process. We have explained the whole procedure for your better understanding of downloading the database. The facts are also mentioned before installing the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Also, Read:- Cash Loan Offer