QuickBooks error H202 comes with an error text that says “This Company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” If the same text occurs on your computer screen and you want to troubleshoot it with the best methods possible then this guide would help you the most. You are only required to step into the below section one by one and explore your knowledge about the issue. So, now let’s get proceed.
QuickBooks Error H202 : An Introductory Part
Most of the time users have encountered Quickbooks error H202 while accessing the company file in multi-user mode. There are lots of factors that lead to the error in your system. We have outlined them too below. But the main cause could be the blocking of the multi-user connection servers. You may don’t allow and restrict to access the QB file to continue your work.
Well, it is absolutely an agitation to see such issues within the system. So, it is recommended to stay calm and quiet till you resolve this issue. You can take it as a test that you have to bypass by conducting the troubleshooting. Now, let’s move on to the next section and learn all other factors responsible for the issue.
Factors Behind the QuickBooks Error H202
There are lots of factors responsible for this multiuser error. You can proceed below to know each one of them. Make sure to read them carefully so there would be no difficulty in resolving the issue.
- QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX services are not working.
- Damaged and corrupted .nd file.
- Improper configuration of the DNS settings.
- You have not configured the hosting settings.
- System firewall blocks the exchange of QB data between server and QB.
- Issues within the QuickBooks database server manager that stores the network data file of QuickBooks
- The configuration of the hosting has not been set appropriately.
Symptoms to Identify the QuickBooks Error Code H202
These are not only the causes but a way to interrupt the devices from so many nuisances. Below are provided the same. You can check out the pointers and identify the QuickBooks error H202 on your device.
- Error message “This Company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting” appears on the screen.
- Slow performance of your QuickBooks desktop.
- Windows are running at a snail pace.
- The mouse and keyboard become unable to provide the inputs to the system
- Failed while accessing the QB file located on another system.
- Switching multi-user mode gets hard
Ways to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code H202
Well, there are lots of ways that you can try out to fix this agitated issue. We have brought down the best one for you. Here is provided a step-by-step procedure so let’s proceed ahead and resolve the QuickBooks error H202 on your device.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Run this tool on the device to troubleshoot the error issue. You are just required to get through the steps below to conduct the procedure.
- To initiate, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub on the device.
- Now, access the tool and choose the Company file issues button.
- Thereafter, hit on the green-colored tab named Run QuickBooks file doctor.
- When it is opened, head towards the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose the Company file from there.
- In case you cannot find the relevant file.
- Hit the Browse button and search for this file.
- Subsequently, put a checkmark on the file name.
- Tap the Continue button.
- Specify the QuickBooks admin password.
- Thus, choose the Next button.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If the error is not fixed from the above tool then try to use this QuickBooks database server manager.
- First of all, you need to access the server computer.
- Now, head towards the Windows Start menu.
- Specify the database on the search field.
- From the list, choose QuickBooks database server manager.
- Go to the folder where you have placed the QB files.
- If you don’t know the folder then click on the Browse button.
- Just enter the Start Scan button.
- Try to resolve the firewall setting with QBDBSM.
- Head towards the Close tab when the scanning gets over.
- Now, access the QuickBooks application on different workstations.
- Tap the File menu.
- Choose Switch to multi-user mode.
- Now, the error would get fixed. However, if this is not the case then make sure to consider another solution.
Solution 3: Examine the QuickBooks Services
- Access QuickBooks software on the server.
- Move towards the File.
- Thereafter, hit the Utilities button.
- Make sure to choose Host multi-user access.
- Once done, try to examine the running status of both of these files QBCFMonitorService and QuickbooksDBXX. Here are the steps that you need to consider for verifying the same.
- Tap on the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Set Automatic on the Startup type.
- Furthermore, just examine if Running is shown on the Service status or not.
- Move your cursor towards the Recovery option.
- Choose to Restart the service for first, second, and subsequent failures.
- Once done, hit the Apply button.
- Thereafter, choose OK.
- Make sure to perform the same steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Although there are many more solutions to resolve this specific issue. However, if you want to have more solutions to this Quickbooks Error H202 then make sure to comment down in the box below. Well, we really wish that you get rid of this issue through these solutions only.