It is common to face issues with your printer and most of them can be resolved on your own. Here, we are going to talk about printer error 482. This error arises when your system is not able to connect to the print form library in Windows. Usually, the error occurs because your printer may not be connected properly or the settings are incorrect. Fortunately, following some basic troubleshooting methods can help you to get rid of the issue. Check out all the troubleshooting methods in detail below.
Way to Fix Printer Error 482
Here are all the ways that you need to follow to fix the printer error 482. We will recommend you to follow the methods in the same sequence as mentioned.
Solution 1: Updating Drivers
The very first method is to update your printer driver. Using outdated drivers can lead to printing issues and error code 482 is one of them. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to update the printer drivers.
- First, you need to open the device manager on the system. It will be available in the control panel.
- After this, you will have to find the device for which you need to update the driver.
- Next, you need to right-click on it, and from the menu, choose the option to update the driver.
- In case there are other devices also, you need to repeat the same steps for all those devices also.
Solution 2: Turning ON your Printer
There are chances that your printer is not online and hence, you are facing the error 482. So, the next method that we suggest you follow is to make sure that your printer is online. Or if it is turned off, you need to turn it On. Other than this, you will have to make sure that all the connections are made properly and there is no loose connection.
Solution 3: Using Different Printer Settings
If your printer is causing issues with the current printing settings, you can try to change the printer settings. Below we have mentioned the steps to do the same.
- To start with, you need to press Windows and S keys together.
- The search window will open on the screen and then you need to type printer and scanner.
- In the printer and scanner, you need to look for your printer and change the respective settings.
- If you wish, you can simply switch from usual settings like the print to pdf option and make it to Microsoft print to pdf.
- Save the changes made and then try to print test page.
Solution 4: Check for the Right Printer
Now, the next method that you can use to fix the printer error 482 is to make sure that you have installed an appropriate printer. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to go to the control panel on the system.
- In the control panel, look for the option for hardware and sound.
- Under this option, you need to click on the device manager option. A list of all the connected devices will appear on the screen.
- You will now have to go to the printer option and then click on the option to add a printer.
- Now, scan an appropriate printer on the system.
Solution 5: Clearing the Print Spool
There are chances that different printing jobs are already present in the print spool. So, clearing the print spool can help you get rid of the issue to a certain extent. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to clear the print spool.
- The very first step is to open the Run window on the screen.
- In the run window, you need to type services.MSC.
- Now, press the enter key.
- After this, a list of all the running services will appear on the screen. From the list, you need to choose the print spool service.
- Next, you need to right-click on it and then choose the option to stop.
Solution 6: Switching to an Appropriate Printer
Now, if you are trying to print a form that is used for printing text only, try to use a print that can print graphics also. This will help you to print the form in a better way and will surely fix the issue to some extent. All you need to do is to check if you are using a graphics printer or not.
The printer error 482 is a common error that a user can encounter and it can be resolved with some basic There are some steps that can be taken to resolve the printer error 482, which is a common error encountered by users. By following the methods we have discussed, you will definitely be able to resolve the issue. It is my hope that you have found this article useful.