Nowadays, making a business successful is not at all easy. It demands consistent efforts and dedication. At the same time, seeing the level of competition in the market, it is also necessary for an individual to be innovative and intelligent. And that’s when QuickBooks accounting software comes into the scene. By using powerful features of QuickBooks, businesses can effectively take care of accounting activities, such as payroll, managing income and expenses, tracking cash flow, generating financial reports, and many more.
However, despite the beneficial aspect of using QuickBooks, it is also vulnerable to countless errors and bugs, just like any other accounting software application cannot be ignored. This post will discuss QuickBooks error 6123 that many users often face while installing the QuickBooks Desktop application on their computers. The error code pops up on the computer screen with an error description, which reads, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
Hopefully, reading this post until the end will help you in resolving QuickBooks error 6123. However, if you want to get rid of the installation error immediately without wasting any time on tiresome troubleshooting procedures, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team at (855)-856-0042.
What causes QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6123?
Generally, such an installation error happens when the Windows operating system gets outdated. However, there can be several other reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error code 6123, such as:
- Any necessary QuickBooks installation file might have been damaged or corrupted.
- The Microsoft MSXML component that helps QuickBooks retrieve the license-related information in the QBregistration.dat file might be unregistered.
- The installation of the QuickBooks Desktop might have been interrupted by any third-party security application.
- Firewall or other security program blocked QuickBooks to access the company file.
- Incorrect configuration settings of QuickBooks database server manager.
- Damage in windows component may also lead this error.
What should you do to get rid of QuickBooks Desktop error 6123?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub application
- On the computer, get the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most updated version (22.214.171.124).
- Click on the downloaded installer (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the installation.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub application installing.
- Open the QB Tool Hub application and select the Installation Issues tab from the left panel.
- Now, click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool option and let the tool run.
- Once the tool finishes the repair, restart the computer and try to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again.
You may read: error 6000 83 in QuickBooks
Solution 2) Manually register the Microsoft MSXML DLL files on the computer
- On the keyboard, press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run command window.
- In the Run dialog box, type “CMD” and then click on the OK button.
- On the command prompt window, you need to type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and then press the Enter key.
- Now, try to install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 3) Add .OLD as extension for TLG and ND file
QuickBooks ND and TLG files is essential corresponding file of company file and sometimes renaming the file would provide you relief from the error code 6123 in QuickBooks Desktop and below step mention to done this.
- In windows explorer, navigate the directory where the company file.
- In company file directory you will find company file correspondence file with extension as ND and TLG.
- Afterwards, Change the both file extension as file.nd.old and file.tlg.old.
- Now go back and check is your QuickBooks showing error while opening the company file or not.
Solution 4) Use QuickBooks with administrator writes
Sometimes while the user is using the QuickBooks without the administrator right that situation you might get come across the QuickBooks error 6123, So you can try to start the program with Administrator rights.
Solution 5) Change the location of the company file
Here in this solution 5 we have discussed about changing the company file primary location in order to conquer the error 6123 however if you are having any issue while moving the file, well feel free to contact our Helpline number.
Note: In case the error still persists even you had moved the company file from the server to local, that case you need to allow also R/W permission for a particular Folder.
Solution 6) Try to use ADR(Auto data recovery) to fix damage
You can use the QuickBooks auto data recovery tool, ADR is the tool that is meant to repair the damage data file with ease, But make sure that adr tool is downloaded from the official website.
Even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post, if you can’t resolve QuickBooks error 6123, then there is a great possibility that the Microsoft NET Framework, which is necessary for QuickBooks to run, is damaged or corrupted. Our recommendation for you is to repair the Microsoft NET Framework and see whether this resolves the error or not. You can also reach our QuickBooks error experts by dialling (855)-856-0042 and get the error resolved immediately.
Read more: QuickBooks error H202