Did you know that marijuana and hemp are both derived from cannabis plants? The only difference is that they are grown differently. Hemp is that variety which contains a high content of CBD (cannabidiol), low THC, and many healthy compounds. Marijuana, on the other hand, has higher THC (psychoactive compound in marijuana) amounts. This is why it is not permitted for consumption in most states.
Why are CBD shops stocking up on hemp extract?
Hemp extract is one of the many compounds present in cannabis. But it is non-psychoactive and more popular for its health benefits. The FDA has approved hemp oil for treating epilepsy only recently.
Hemp oil is prepared from hemp and sold as supplements in hemp shops; it has become incredibly popular in recent times. Hemp is known to reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases and conditions like Alzheimer’s. Besides cannabidiol, hemp also has omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. These unsaturated “good” fats help the body to make proteins.
- Hemp extracts have been used for ages as a holistic treatment for depression, inflammation, and pain relief. Studies have revealed that the hemp extract oil can relieve inflammation and chronic body pains. It reduces joint inflammation and does not have side-effects.
- Since hemp extract can bind to brain receptors, it can have a positive impact on sleep patterns and appetite. It mimics serotonin, a neurotransmitter, to cure symptoms of depression and anxiety. So far most studies have been on animals rather than humans, but the results have been hugely positive.
- Hemp extract oil, available at a CBD oil shop, is found to be effective for preventing cancers from spreading. It may not be a direct cure for cancers but it can slow down its growth. This has been noticed in cases of colon, breast, prostate, and lung cancers. Hemp extract also helps to relieve pains associated with cancers like chemo-induced vomiting and nausea.
- Studies have shown the efficacy of using hemp oil for preventing seizures. This is why you can shop hemp to get the CBD needed to control rare types of epilepsy.
- If you apply hemp oil on the skin, it can reduce symptoms of skin disorders and provide relief. Some studies have shown the efficacy of this product for treating acne. Consuming the oil was seen to alleviate symptoms of eczema or atopic dermatitis.
- Hemp extract has been used on patients suffering from schizophrenia and Parkinson’s disease.
- The extract has also shown lesser possibility of Type 2 diabetes when used on animals. So, it is felt that it will also lower risks of cardiovascular problems and diabetes in humans.
- Finally, hemp extract is even being used for treating patients addicted to marijuana. It has the power to fight against THC’s psychoactive properties. It can therefore be used for checking addiction to weed, heroin, and tobacco.
When looking for CBD products online, make sure to shop for hemp extract to enjoy these benefits. It is always advisable to buy from a wholesale supplier and choose broad-spectrum hemp oil for getting all these benefits. You must ensure that the product is tested and certified, free from contaminants like heavy metals.