QuickBooks closes unexpectedly is a vexing issue. It is not very pleasant for you when all your accounting tasks suddenly get shut. All the ongoing processes stop with or without any error message. QuickBooks can crash in the middle of an operation, unexpectedly, without any prior signs. This issue can come up all of a sudden and can take you by surprise. In some cases, QuickBooks may even start freezing, which can lead to the deletion of unsaved work. This blog will unwrap the causes and solutions to this problem.
Suppose you can’t understand any of the steps mentioned below, it’s best to get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at 844-932-1139
Causes Of QuickBooks Crashing
There are multiple causes associated with this issue. Since the reasons are numerous, it’s crucial for you to understand them. Knowing the cause of your problem will get you to the solution. Hence, it’s essential to know them. Some of the reasons are given below:
- QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or corrupt.
- QuickBooks directory or program file damage can cause this error.
- QuickBooks Bex Error.
- Hard Drive becomes inaccessible, or it gets damaged.
- An incompatible Windows Operating System or a damaged one can also trigger this error.
- The application can lag and eventually crash if the file name is too large or has many unique characters.
Now that you know the causes, it’ll be easier for you to pick a solution. Solutions aim to fix these causes.
QuickBooks Keeps Crashing: Here Are The Symptoms
Knowing the symptoms is highly crucial. Signs can help in diagnosing the problem or error in QuickBooks early on. Being aware at an early stage can minimize the damage. Some of the symptoms for QuickBooks crashing are mentioned below:
- Cannot open QuickBooks even after multiple attempts.
- QuickBooks loads slowly and keeps on crashing or freezing.
- The operating system can also crash.
- QuickBooks can crash suddenly in the midst of a task.
- An error message may get displayed for QuickBooks failure.
Now that you are sound of the causes and symptoms, it’s time you take a look at some solutions which are given in the next section.
Solutions For QuickBooks Crashes While Doing Tasks
No doubt, this is an issue you want to get rid of desperately. There are multiple solutions that you can try since the causes are multiple. Before those symptoms start showing on your screen, you want the issue to go away. Some solutions are given below:
Solution 1: Restart the System And Application
Some effortless steps can go a long way. Giving the system a restart can give it a boost from the lag. Implement the measures given below:
- Click on the cross button if the system crashes.
- Keep pressing the power button in case all your commands fail. This is done in a situation when the mouse cursor or the Windows fails.
- Restart the application with the Start Menu or the icon on your Desktop.
- Move to the Control Panel and search for an anti-virus program.
- Turn it off if found running.
If these steps don’t resolve your issue try the following method given below.
Solution 2: QuickBooks System Repair Tool
QuickBooks System Repair Tool can manage this issue. The tool can be downloaded from the Intuit website. Follow the measures given below:
- Close all the background problems and install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Open the tool after the installation gets finished. Browse the company file.
- Hit the Continue button to start the repair process.
- Depending on the files to scan and repair, this tool can take 20 minutes.
- Open the company file one more time to see if the issue gets fixed.
Also Read – QBDBMgrn Not Running On This Computer
Solution 3: Rename the QBi.ini File
Damaged or corrupt QBi.ini files can be chaotic for QuickBooks. Hence, renaming them is of great benefit as QuickBooks starts to think of them as new files. In case these files are damaged, or corrupt these steps are helpful to resolve when QuickBooks closes unexpectedly. Implement the steps given below:
- Go to the directory folder of QuickBooks. ‘
- Find the .ini extension files.
- .OLD extension must be added at the end of each file name.
- Make sure to open the company file and then change the name as renaming these files deletes the rundown records.
- Also, rename the DataStore.ecml file and then restart the device.
- Open the application to see if these steps helped.
In this blog, you learned the causes, symptoms, and solutions for QuickBooks closes unexpectedly. However, the best solution is individual as this issue has many causes. It’s best to understand the cause of your issue and then look for a solution. As the solution, then implemented will save time and will also be the most efficient.
To know more about QuickBooks errors and issues, get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at 844-932-1139.
Post Written On – Get Post Top
Other Search Query:-
Company file on QuickBooks Pro 2016 keeps crashing, QuickBooks closes unexpectedly, QuickBooks crashes after login, QuickBooks crashes every time I try to send an email, QuickBooks crashes every time it checks for an update, QuickBooks crashes when attaching file, QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, QuickBooks crashing, QuickBooks keeps crashing windows 10, QuickBooks shuts down when opening, reconciling crashes QuickBooks